Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a FUN SATURDAY!



My day started off with swimming some laps... changing into tennis attire to meet up with Larry,Kristen and Scott for some doubles at Ironwood Ridge... afterwards going back to the El Conquistador, where they were hosting an INTERNATIONAL WHEELCHAIR TOURNAMENT!
I could not even imagine how it were possible but IT IS! AMAZING! INSPIRATIONAL! These are people from of all ages with different stories who found something to keep them going and NOT GIVE UP! Wow!
So, afterwards Kristen, Larry "THE CANDYMAN" and I went to the Gem show... and Kristen and I felt like
kids in a candystore... we had sooooooooo much fun.. I had never really been before.. we ran into Ken and Susie and Darl and Ross.. pretty random that we were all at that location, since we hadnt talked to each other about it.. well, I am going to get my bushy eyebrows waxed at my mommys... and then I think we will go to a movie.. I am not sure if I am going to see a rainbow or not.. there is a 70% chance of rain tomorrow.. just as long as we don't take into Monday... as RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS ALWAYS GET ME DOWN! LOL!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I bet that was inspirational to see players in their wheelchairs competing. It is always quite amazing to see what we can do if we do it! Your posts are always so upbeat, I love to read them.

Susie Shipley said...

It was fun to see you guys today - hope you enjoyed the chinese food! I liked your blouse, skinny mini!!

dhillman said...

Wow! tennis in wheelchairs, that is so cool. Inspirational.
Look towards the mountains east, close to when the sun is going to set for a rainbow---according to Randy!

Debbie's said...

One of my best friends in high school played wheelchair tennis- she was INCREDIBLE! She's played all over the world since then. She actually met her husband in the UK when she was there for a tournament. One of our favorite pastimes was grabbing all her wheelchairs and "playing" with her... I think the rest of us spent more time falling out of our chairs. She is a true inspiration to me. I'm glad you got the opportunity to see them play!