Saturday, April 25, 2009

More TENNIS COURT PREP...





I have been fascinated watching the process of the tennis courts being refinished..
Yesterday was sure fun.. we played at Tucson Country Club.. it is so beautiful over there.. a real country club feeling.. mature trees and beautiful lawns and flowers.. I wished we could have eatten at the club but we weren't members.. whoop t doo!
I won my match.. finally! My string broke in the 3rd game.. never had that happen before.. my opponant was so very kind.. she suggested that I use her other raquet and run up to the pro shop and have then restring it... she did not have to be that kind.. I appreciated that so much.. we were so distracted that we forgot where we left off.. and so she suggested that we just replay the game.. which seemed very fair to me... I just looked at this gal from across court and thought to myself.." You know... tennis is so fun to me.. but when I leave this earth.. I am sure being and becoming better at tennis is not going to mean a whole lot on my earth resume.. but kindness would be right at the top.. " I shared this with Jane (the lady) and told her I just really appreciated her kindness... and that if I remember nothing about the match at TCC.. I would remember Jane and her kindness and try to be that kind of person on and off the court! My match wasn't much to brag about but everyone on the team knows that Poor Robin needed this win.. haha! We lost overall.. but it was some really great tennis and fun lunch afterwards..came home EXHAUSTED.. later Larry, Scott and I took our neighbors Tom and Lora to Michaelangeloes for dinner before they head back to Ohio for the summer.. we have the BEST NEIGHBORS! :)

1 comment:

dhillman said...

You are so right! There aren't very many things on the list that we spend our time on that will be as important as how kind we are when it is time to give an accounting of our time on earth--that is a GREAT reminder!

That process on the courts does look interesting...was it stinky like repaving?