Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We heard from Alexis today!


Alexis in City Centre on New Years Eve 2008!


Wednesdays are my favorite day of the week... well,ok... besides MOndays..and Fridays.... usually the reason is because I start my day off with tennis but also because we get our weekly e-mail from Alexis in England! :)
Today was a beautiful day in the tennis world... warm sunshine... the mountains...blue skies... Robin lost both sets... but I am playing in the BIG LEAGUES now.. and I really should learn to accept my losses more gracefully... at least the women that I compete with are hilarious to me and always make me laugh.. mainly at myself.. it's all good. I know that I am on this team for a reason.. these ladies are my teachers!
I just wonder to myself... as I get older.. if I will get nicer and not care so much about things like losing at tennis or if I will always be a psycho? Is it innate or learned... or will some people never learn? What if I am one of these people? :( "SAD" as my sister-in-law would say..Worriesome! oh well,afterwards, I was able to go to the Semi-finals of the Copperbowl at the Resort ... where some of the best of the best tennis was being played for the 16 to 18 age group.. WOW! INCREDIBLE TENNIS!
Anyway, All is well for Sister Shipley in Leeds....she says to say hi to all!
Cooking steaks on the Barbee... and playing tennis with Scott tonight.. hopefully not as cold as last night...
Ruined the steaks.. orderred Magpies!

4 comments:

The Tolley's said...

I am sad that I have not played tennis for weeks. :(
I will be returning to AZ on January 28 (I think). I am in NC and will be here a while longer. Play lots of tennis for me. I will be rusty for sure when I return. I cannot wait for the tennis season to begin!

Susie said...

Exciting photos from Alexis - she's lucky, the Tucson missionaries had to be in by 6:00p.m. and spent the night playing chess and listening to MoTab!! Sounds like quite the meltdown today - SURELY it wasn't as dramatic as you wrote - just think - IF, YOU were YOUR kids and YOU were watching them - what would you say to them, probably, KNOCK IT OFF!!! HA!! Hope you don't FREEZE tonight!

The Lowes said...

Robin,
I found your blog through Susie, it has been fun to see what all the Shipley's have been up to. I really love your family. You totally crack me up with your blogging. I remember the good ol high school days and my PE teachers trying to teach us how to play tennis. lol I was not meant to be a tennis player. I remember not even being able to swing a backhand because I had no wrist strength. At any rate I admire you for getting out there and being active. Just keep practicing and then you'll beat em all. Right, "practice makes perfect". Tell all your kiddos I said hello.
Leah Bowles Lowe

John and Becky Bowler said...

Cute pictures of Alexis. :) Where is the Starbucks?