Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a FUN Day!


Larry and Robin at the Temple in Mesa, AZ

Becky and Larry

Larry telling baby Paul "This is your FAVORITE UNCLE LARRY"

GREAT AUNT ROBIN :)

PAUL ROBERT HUNSAKER... 36 HOURS OLD!

I realize that I have started many a blog with this title... but I have decided amidst these troubling times that we live in... to take it one day at a time....the GOOD and the BAD... but focus on the GOOD and recognize the BLESSINGS of each day.
We overslept this morning but managed to make our way to Mesa..went to the Temple... afterwards met our eldest daughter Becky ... she showed us around her work.. UNiversity of Phx.. that is a HUGE facility..we ate in the cafeteria together.. I am so proud of Becky.. she graduates in the spring from ASU with a degree in communications.. she will be the first SHIPLEY grandchild to graduate from college. :)
Afterwards we headed over to the hospital to visit our neice Kate and Jon and their new little or should I say BIG BOY! It is TRUE... he really is the cutest baby you have ever seen.. it is such a wonderful feeling to hold such a precious little soul.. only 36 hours old.. fresh from HEAVEN! :) The HIGHLIGHT of my day!
Kate and Jon are going to make WONDERFUL parents and we are soooooo HAPPY for them.
It seems SURREAL as the kids are getting older and having lives and careers etc.. of their own.. where has the time gone? I have enjoyed watching them grow and progress.. it is just weird sometimes as I guess I am the one getting older.. good thing I look so young... noone can tell I am only 40.. :) anyway, home now.. went to the club.. swam 40 laps! Going to bed so I can wake up bright and early and play......
TENNIS! night, night!

4 comments:

Susie said...

I'm so glad you posted these pictures - it has been 24 hours since I have seen little Paul and he is amazingly cuter than yesterday!! How is it possible?? - I can't wait to see him again on Sunday!! You guys look like naturals holding him - I don't think it will be too long before you have a grand baby or two of your own - dogs are fun but a baby.................... incredible!!
It's fun to see all these kids progressing - it is SO exciting that Becky will graduate in May and it sounds like she has a GREAT job!! Any place with a cafeteria is awesome!! HA!

Linda said...

What a sweet, thoughtful post. Great idea to take the time amid the chaos to reflect on the blessings we enjoy. I thought for sure you were older than 40? Even though you don't look it!

dhillman said...

That baby is adorable!! And it feels good to hear about all those good things, so keep sharing.
40? hmmmm

Sharron said...

Hey kiddo (40 huh? giggle, I'll pretend I believe it)Isn't it wonderful that you can go to the temple, visit with family, meet a new little one and consider it fun? Shows who has their priorities straight!