Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday FUN!






After playing 2 sets of tennis with Larry in the beautiful sunshine.. we showered and changed and went to breakfast at the Sunny Side Cafe in Catalina on our way up to Phx. to watch a rugby game.. (one of Larry's patients).. it was fun and I am sure Jordaine appreciated Larry's interest in what he does.. we got alot of sunshine.
Afterwards, we met Becky and John at Sweet Tomatoes and had fun visiting with them...Becky was tired from doing a 12 mile hike for a cancer fund raiser.. we made it home just in time to play a game of singles with a gal from North Carolina who was staying at the resort..her name was Catherine and she gave me a run for the money.. we split sets and had to quit at 10:15 p.m. because the OV police had to turn the lights off... it was looking like she was going to beat me... at 2-4 anyway.. great fun! great experience for what I am going to be in for the next few weeks playing 3.5.
Boy... I was exhausted and I am glad Sunday is a DAY of REST... my body needs to recover!:)
Happy Sunday to everyone! :)

4 comments:

Cami Epperson said...

That makes me tired just reading about it! Sounds like fun though! :)

dhillman said...

There is no doubting your love for tennis (not that I ever doubted) with a rush home to play so late like that--great story!
And no doubting Larry's love for you too! :)
Secretary to YW will be great fun--congratulations!

Susie said...

That first photo is creepy - Larry looks like he is standing with a cardboard cutout!! Sounds like you played awesome with that "young" gal from NC!! Good Job!!

Sharron said...

Looks like a great way to get so tired, don't you love it?