Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What is in YOUR BAG?



Tonight at Relief Society I had a great time visiting with the sisters in my ward.. it was based around the theme of what we carry in our purses... or as I see it... the kinds of baggage each of us carries around... and how no matter how big or small or cluttered ... or plain or fancy or busy our bags are... that we can come to Relief Society and be OK.. SAFE.. and LOVED! I have felt that throughout the 28 years of being LDS.. no matter where I lived.. and I am very grateful.. I enjoyed the remarks made this evening.. they were thought provoking.. and have made me have a desire to be a better visiting teacher. On a funny note... We played a goofy game... a scavenger hunt if you will... I am pretty sure that not one lady in that room had the same contents of my purse.. a pack of bio freeze... a tennis elbow brace.. and a yes.. A TENNIS BALL! amongst other things were a baskin robbins pink spoon... a pink breast cancer pin ...a toothbrush?... I did have the Dillards receipt tho.. yey!
Anyway... lets just say I jumped ship on the diet tonight.. that home made caramel on the cheesecake was to die for.. all in all ... a very fun night with great ladies! :)
I guess I will have to swim, run and play tennis tomorrow.. oh well... someone has got to do it... might as well be ME! :) Enjoy the Sunshine!!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It was a good night and clever theme. I loved the thoughts of the women who shared their "purses" with us. RS really is a place to feel safe and loved.

dhillman said...

It was a great enrichment activity. I learned something from each of the women that spoke, they each carried a special spirit. I thought is was a clever use of purses too!
Thanks for making me feel loved in RS--I am going to miss you making faces at me.