Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting ready for Thanksgiving..,Being Thankful!





Ok..game plan for today... after getting to the pool by 6:30 and swimming my laps.. a bit chilly and windy.. I have decided I had better get ready for Thanksgiving.. and as much as I like Thanksgiving.. I AM REALLY ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS!!! I am pulling out Christmas today... in fact.. because as you can see I have an enormous job out in the front...a long driveway to get ready.. I love Christmas lights..every year Larry claims "he is too old" "and not putting up christmas lights anymore.." "the kids are grown.." "we live clear out in the desert.. yada, yada.." and every year and we think of a new theme for our lights (annual tradition).. you will find Larry out there putting up lights.. they are so beautiful.. I know he does it for me because I love them so.. I remember being a little kid and falling asleep in the family room watching the lights flicker.. and I still do it as an adult. :)
These are about the only Thanksgiving decorations I have.. and I love them.. the turkey pumpkin was made by my niece Kate.. and I love him and bring him out every year!
Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim.. I bought at Cracker Barrel years ago.. and they are like old friends coming home.. well.. I off to go and get my Turkey!

2 comments:

dhillman said...

My plan for today includes getting the turkey dinner figured out too!

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving Robin. I'm thankful you are my friend.