Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Great Weekend at the Shipleys....















What a wonderful weekend we shared as
a family... golf, lunch, shopping,swimming, watching a movie... As much as I love tennis.. my most


favorite thing is when my grown children are all together and enjoying one another in various activities.. I can only imagine when the grandchildren come..(hint,hint!) :) Scott had friends over Sat. night.. they were not able to swim in the rain but they sat around the firepit...Becky and Kristen were being funny pulling their hair forward in the water and then backwards to look like George Washingtons time.. remember doing that when you were little..? they also enjoyed handstand contests.. just like old times.. Today is a very important day in Scott's life.. he recieved the Melchezidick Priesthood. We have such awesome leaders in our Ward.. and a GREAT Bishop... all who have been instrumental in Scott's life.. I am very grateful for their love and concern for the Shipleys.. It has been mentally exhausting today but I have been waiting 18 years to witness this great occassion. I took a mental picture today that I will have forever etched in my mind. I missed Alexis today.. she would be very proud of her little brother. :) We will not all be together for another 3 years..:(
What a reunion that will be!!! :)
P.S. Stephanie... I finally found your adorable daughter in church today and took our picture... she was a good sport... didnt remember me... but I remember how special and loved she was when you had her... and the first time you brought your new little baby to church.. 11 years ago... glad I got to see you Julie.. :) hope you had a nice time in Tucson!

7 comments:

Dunklees said...

How great to see my 'little' girl with you! That is over the top - THANKS!

John and Becky Bowler said...

It was a very fun weekend. :)

Nick & Kristen said...

Had fun with you too MAMA! lol

Robin and Larry said...

very funny! lol! wink, wink! :)

John and Becky Bowler said...

PHAT GIRLZ FOREVER!!!

Susie said...

Congratulations Scott - great weekend full of wonderful memories!!

dhillman said...

Great weekend and great day for Scott. As a SS teacher and friend it makes my heart sing to see them received the priesthood and preparing for their missions. Or give their first talk, or bless sacrament for the first time.
Good times!