Thursday, July 24, 2008

What a day!








After running 2 miles on the treadmill.. I decided to take a break.. good thing I did... only to find the washing machine went awry and flooded most of the house... what a disaster! I couldn't even think where to begin.... called Larry.. he came home from work.. mopping and wet vac./carpet cleaners... laudromat... fans blowing everywhere...Larry looks exhausted... poor guy... I am so thankful for all of his help and how calm he can be while I am having a melt down... I think we have it under control... the good news is that we have a warrenty for the washing machine...the bad news is they can't come until Monday... everything had to be moved.. Larry and I are going to have to sleep in the guest room tonight.. ughhhhhhh.... we will actually be touching each others feet and hairy legs... (Larrys) :)... ...maybe we will sleep in the other guest room... it has twin beds ... we could be like Rob and Laura Petry... Scott got the computer up and going.. conveniently in his room... yey, wireless! He thought he would be cute and downloaded this screen saver.. Larry and I had to laugh.. it depicts how we felt today...at any rate.. I have a sign in my laundrey room that says it all! Tomorrow is a NEW day.. I play tennis at 8 a.m. and my tennis partner Marilyn is finally back.. hooray!

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John and Becky Bowler said...

Sorry you had such a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better! We are still excited to be coming down. We can really do whatever on Saturday, a movie or something would work.

Susie said...

Oh my, what a disaster!!! What went wrong with the washer??? The silver lining is - everything gets a deep clean!

Linda said...

And this too shall pass!

The Baker Family said...

I feel so sorry for you and having to clean up such a mess. Think of the possitive side, if you get cold at night you can just cuddle up closer to larry hairy legs to keep you warm. J/K. Nikki

dhillman said...

I am so sorry! Hope you have a great day today