Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our English Missionary Alexis...

Sis. Ault and Sis. Shipley with Gary (first convert baptism)
Sis. Shipley on a "Double-Decker" Bus
TAXI!
The Hills are Alive... with the Sound of Music!
A Heart drawn on the beach in England for Mum!

What a wonderful surprise to hear from Sis. Shipley via the e-mail... and some great photos....
She expresses her love for the English people and says one of her favorite things are the double decker busses... Pictured above is Sis. Shipley and Sis. Ault (from Denmark) and their first baptism in their area ..a man named Gary who lives there in Durham, England. The one obvious photo of Alexis ... she entitled "The Sound of Music" ... she says there are sheep everywhere..
Another is of her in City Centre catching a taxi for her and Sis. Ault. and the heart in the sand is most special of all.. on her P- day (Prep Day), they get to go visit places, do the stuff they need to get done during the week, shopping, laundrey, e-mailing home etc.. they were able to play volleyball on the beach.. and Alexis knows that the "HEART" is my favorite symbol.. in fact people who know me the best know this... and so I really LOVE this picture.. I may even blow it up and frame it. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ... it has brought the most remarkable blessings into my life.. I am a very blessed person with a wonderful family
and many great friends. Cheers!

7 comments:

John and Becky Bowler said...

Cute Pictures. :) I still need to get her package out to her!!!

Robin and Larry said...

call me for her address.. you can send it directly to her flat!

Liz said...

Those are great pictures of Alexis on her mission. I love the Soubnd of Music one. It looks like she is having a wonderful time.
Way to go on your tennis tournament, your having a blast!

dhillman said...

I love, love, love that girl! I need to get her address again so I can send her a note. Thanks for sharing!

Dunklees said...

So great to see that Alexis is doing so well! Looks like she is having a great time on her mission!

The Baker Family said...

That's so good to hear that she's doing so well and that she's enjoying her mission. I love the sand and heart picture. I would frame that one too. Nikki

Susie said...

Alexis looks so happy - I love the heart in the sand - you really should enlarge it and frame it - that would be perfect!!