Monday, August 25, 2008

What a week!




What a week! I was up in Utah all last week and am so glad to be home!
I went to BYU Education Week with friends Linda and Ethel Goodman. I had a wonderful time taking various classes and learning alot about myself and my husband of 28 years.
I took mostly motivational classes... one of my favorites was called Going the Extra Smile! :) As a class we were challenged to:

1. Smile More
2. Smile First
3. Smile Despite...

I tried this all day today... and it made me feel pretty good!

A funny thing happenned to me while I was there.. there are about 35,000 people in attenddance with lots of different lines and at one point I was in a long line and after about 5 min. I thought to ask the lady in front of me what the line was for... so I could confirm I was in the right line.. when she said "Bread Baking".. I said "Pardon me, what class?" and she repeated "Bread Baking".. if you are not already laughing then you dont know me well enough to know that I hightailed it out of there!hah!
Anyway, after the week was over.. off we went to Park City to be cheerleaders for friend Linda competing in a half marathon.. it was really fun and she did really well.. I am proud of her and her accomplishments..
Anyway... it was sure good to get home to my boys.. Larry and Scott!!!:)

I was so exited to wake up this morning and play tennis only to be met with RAIN.. a dreaded 4 letter word in my tennis vocabulary!!! We got 2 sets in tho.. it's all good!
And the best news of the day is the US OPEN begins 2 nite! Woo Hoo!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, we used the same pictures! Isn't that funny! I had a great time, too, thanks for all of your help and going the extra smile!

John and Becky Bowler said...

I'm sure dad is glad that you are back...so are we. :) We are excited for this next weekend coming up. :)

dhillman said...

Welcome back, I missed you two! Glad to hear it was a great week

Susie said...

I wonder if that was Chef Brad's class? He is awesome!!

Debbie's said...

Sounds like "grown-up EFY"! I'd love to go someday. I bet going with friends made it even better :)
You are an amazing tennis machine! I'm just blown away.. keep it up!

maia said...

Oh, lucky! I can't wait to someday go to Education Week. There is a possibility of going next year! Got my fingers crossed!

Dunklees said...

Like I told Linda, looks like you all had a GREAT time! What a great way to spend a week!

Nick & Kristen said...

Where was the " Go the Extra Smile" tonight in that last set of tennis HUH Robin! hahahahahah