Sunday, August 3, 2008

Trophy Wives!!! Nationals.... here we come!!!



Congratulations to US! We Did It! We won the SECTIONAL TITLE.... it's on to NATIONALS in October '08! What a day... Marilyn and I won our match 6-3, 6-4... in fact, we won all of our doubles matches together this weekend.. we were UNSTOPPABLE! :) My favorite moment of the entire weekend came yesterday in a match.. we were pretty close to winning the whole thing.. I think it was 40-30 , us... and Marilyn looks at me and says "Don't do anything stupid " , I never laughed so hard.. Thanks Marilyn... you are so good to me! We did win that point and the match.
I have had a memorable weekend indeed..perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity... I love the gals I play with... they motivate me, inspire me and help me be a better person on and off court!
I will say a BIG THANKYOU To my Sister=in-law Susie Shipley for teaching me the game of Tennis... and would suffer thru beating me 6-0,6-0,6-0,6-0,6-0.... you get the point! Not to mention laughing at me when I would throw my raquet and call me a BIG BABY! A year later... and look where I am... Thanks Susie! :) I am going to take a nap... it is Sunday, isnt it?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Amy says...How exciting is that?!! I wish I could watch you guys play. Way to go!!

dhillman said...

Congratulations! That is just so amazing! Truly inspiring. You and Linda both. I will have to come watch nationals. Just think of how nice the weather will be!

dhillman said...

Oh...I love that title! Hilarious!

Dunklees said...

Congrats! That is so exciting? Where is the Nationals tournament?

Susie said...

Congrats - you and Marilyn are amazing!!! Great job this AM!!

Linda said...

Congratulations, and to think Danette and I were a part of the process--well, at least we kept you from throwing your racket and getting kicked of the court! Nah, actually you displayed impeccable control even when your opponent whacked you a good one!!!