Friday, August 1, 2008

What a day!


I have never eatten so many bananas in one day in my life... Marilyn and my first match against Prescott was fairly simple... I was a little nervous in the 2nd set but we managed to pull it off. My buddies Linda and Danette came to cheer me on... along with some other gals I have played with .. It was a VERY HOT day today... we had to wait around until 11 to play against the Phoenix Fury... the first set we won 6-3, the second set we were down 0-4.. we perservered despite cramping, the heat, dehydration, and exhaustion and came back to tie it up.. played a 7 point tie breaker, lost that 3-7... had to play a 10 point tie break... WON! 10-8... 3 hours later... Marilyn and I were completely spent.. we hugged each other, our whole team stayed in the heat to support us.. it was AWESOME! I really love the gals on this team... I headed straight for the pool, tennis skirt and all..I did take off my shoes and socks... it felt unbelievable...came home and collasped.. woke up and went and had a massage... felt wonderful... still feeling dehydrated...legs are cramping but went to Texas Roadhouse for a Steak/Potato...excited about tomorrow.. it is thundering and lightening as I write.. which means it could be HUMID tomorrow at 8:30 and 11:30... I am going to bed here shortly... please say a prayer that I can survive the heat.

5 comments:

Nick & Kristen said...

YEAH!!!! Good job Robin!!! Can't wait to see you kick ace tomorrow! Serve your second hard. You can do it!

dhillman said...

Congratulations, that is awesome---Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you.

Linda said...

Go Robin Go!

Dunklees said...

Congrats! Go for it!

Amy said...

Amy says...Wow, you're tough. You deserved a victory jump in the pool after a 3 hour match in this heat! Awesome!!

I'll check back later to see how you did today.